Rules and Regulations
Race Rules and Regulations:
- Entry fees are non-refundable.
- No-shows will not be mailed their race shirts or bags.
- Half Marathon runners must complete the course in three (3) hours.; walkers in 4 hours.
- Headphones (ipods, mp3 players, CDs, tape walkmans, radios, etc.) are discouraged.
- Roller/in-line skates, pets, etc. are prohibited.
- The decisions of the race director are final in all matters.
- Half Marathon walkers and ambulatory disabled start PROMPTLY at 9:00am.
- Cash awards are based on gun time not chip time. Chip time is recorded by an electronic chip that is attached to a runner's bib. Your chip records the time at which you cross the start line, the finish line and several split times in between. Chip time is often shorter than gun time because chip time begins when a runner crosses the start line while gun time starts when the gun is fired; many runners don't cross the start line until several minutes after their official gun time has begun.
- Runners must be registered for the event that they win/place for cash.
- Walker etiquette: Runners will approach walkers quickly. Please be courteous; move over to the sides of the roads when runners approach and let them have the right of way and quickest way past. There is a large field of elite runners who are competing for prize money.
- Age requirements for the Marathon - at least 18 years old; Half Marathon - at least 16 years old. Age requirements are based on regulations by IMMDA. For further information and background, see: IMMDA Advisory Statement on Children and Marathoning.